All claims should be reported to Tillman Insurance as soon as possible.
Normal business hours are:
8:30 AM to 5:00 PM Monday-Thursday
8:30 AM to 3:30 PM Friday
Phone (229) 242-5377
Fax (229) 247-4704
After hours emergency numbers are:
- (229) 560-0761
- (229) 560-6074
Please leave a message and we will call you back.
How and When To Submit A Claim
What to do after an auto accident
Auto accidents: Even the most careful drivers may be involved. Knowledge of what to do after the accident can make the experience a little less frightening and decrease the chance of unnecessary complications.
After an Accident
- Check for injuries. Life and health are more important than damage to vehicles.
Make note of specific damages to all vehicles involved.
- Write down the names, addresses and license numbers of persons involved in the accident. Also, write a description of the other vehicles.
- Call the police, even if the accident is minor.
- Jot down names and addresses of anyone who may have witnessed the accident. This can prevent disagreement concerning how the accident actually happened.
Other Do’s and Don’ts
- DO jot down details about the accident, the location, and circumstances such as weather conditions and visibility.
- DO notify your insurance agent about the accident immediately.
- DON’T sign any document unless it is for the police or your insurance agent.
What to do after a loss at your home
Knowing what to do after an injury or property loss occurs can make the experience less stressful and decrease the chance of unnecessary complications.
After a property loss
- Promptly report the loss to Tillman Insurance.
- Protect the property from further damage or loss.
- Make reasonable temporary repairs to protect the property.
- Keep and accurate record of repair costs.
- If the loss is caused by a theft, notify the police.
- If the loss involves a credit card or bank fund transfer card, notify the credit card company or bank immediately.
After an injury
- Promptly report it to Tillman Insurance.
- Obtain names and addresses of any witnesses.
- Don’t voluntarily make payments, assume obligations or incur expenses, except for emergency first aid at the time of the bodily injury.
How does your business policy claim process work?
Report your claim
Contacting us and reporting your damage to Tillman Insurance starts the claim process. Once we have received notice of your claim, a claim representative will contact you as soon as possible.
Make emergency repairs to protect your business building property and your business personal property from further damage:
- You should protect your property from further damage, even if coverage may not apply.
- Boarding up broken windows, making openings in the roof or walls weatherproof and removing water from saturated carpet, if possible, can significantly reduce subsequent damage.
- Keep an accurate record of your repair expenditures.
- Separate items that may be cleaned and/or repaired.
- Check with your claim representative before you discard any items you plan to claim as damaged.
Make An Inventory
We want to handle your claim as quickly as possible. You can help by making an inventory of your damages.
- The inventory should be room-by-room, giving complete descriptions of the damaged property.
- The description should include brand names, model numbers, age, purchase price, and place of purchase.
- Other information may be necessary on certain types of property. This list will help our claim representative in handling your claim.
- For your future protection, it would be a good idea to make a detailed inventory of your business property. A photographic record of items is helpful.
Claims against you
- Should any party allege that you or any insured under your policy is responsible for bodily injury or property damage, your insurance company will conduct an investigation to assess those allegations. Subject to terms and conditions of your policy, the insurance company will adjust those claims in which you may be legally liable.
- Notification to Tillman Insurance should be made as soon as possible.
- If you receive any suit or other legal papers, please bring the original to Tillman Insurance.
- All correspondence from the other party should be forwarded to Tillman Insurance or your insurance company adjuster.